Home Show Terms and Conditions, Rules and Regulations
Exhibitor Guidelines/ Exhibitor Code of Conduct
• Exhibitors must follow the NARI Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
• Throughout the duration of planning the show, NARI Milwaukee reserves the right to revise the layout as necessary for the benefit of the Show. All products and booth displays must be pre-approved by Show management during the application process if booth does not follow standard parameters as outlined.
• Seminars from exhibitor booths must be pre-approved by Show Management.
• Exhibitors are prohibited from roaming the Show floor, selling merchandise/products, distributing information and soliciting. Any variation may result in the exhibitor forfeiting their right to conduct business at the Show.
• Exhibitors are prohibited from assigning their exhibit space or permit any other person to use any part of such space. Products and services that are not part of the exhibitor’s core business activities are prohibited from being displayed, represented, promoted or sold in the exhibitor’s space. Only literature solely representing the exhibitor may be distributed.
• Fraud and misrepresentation: Each exhibitor/member is expected to deal honestly and fairly with the public. Any attempted fraud or misrepresentation will be considered enough cause for revoking the contract and removal from the Show.
• Exhibitor Staffing Hours: Exhibitors are always required to keep at least one attendant in their booth during the Show hours. Please respect that consumers have paid admission until conclusion of the Show.
• Skidsters and Forklifts are not allowed in the building other than the building and construction area of the special attractions created by show management. Arrangements may be made to bring material in, through Valley Expo & Displays Services.
• Landscaping Materials/Concrete Products: Prior to bringing any landscaping materials and/or dirt into the exhibit hall, the exhibit floor where the material will be placed should be covered with plastic sheeting. If the material is being placed over an electrical floor box, the floor box must be covered with plastic sheeting and the plastic sheeting taped to the concrete floor with a low adhesive clear tape.
• Duct tape is not allowed on any surface in the building, you may use carpet tape.
• Concrete/Asphalt Anchoring: Drilling and anchoring in concrete or asphalt surrounding the facility is prohibited.
• Children under 18: Due to the amount of construction during Show set up; please have your children always remain in your booth space. This is for all safety precautions.
• No pets are allowed during move-In, show hours and take-down/move-out unless approved by the NARI Milwaukee Office. Please contact the NARI Milwaukee Office for regulations.
• Facility Policies and Guidelines: Please review updates with the Wisconsin Expo Center at State Fair Park regarding construction, balloons, decorations, flammable products, food and beverage products, landscaping materials, fireproof materials, flooring tape, ground fault interrupters, building codes, regulations, etc.
• Show respect for your fellow exhibitors and their right to a safe and successful exhibit.
• Be considerate ‐ remember that the noise you make affects your neighbors.
• Ask permission before taking videos or photos of anything other than your own booth.
• Please cooperate to help resolve any disputes.
• Be flexible when making last minute requests.
• Be patient and reasonable while any issues are being resolved.
• Compete with integrity.
• When in doubt, seek help from show management.
• Act quickly if you feel something warrants the attention of show management. Don’t wait until after the show.
• Always act in a professional and business‐like manner.
Additional Rules and Regulations/Terms and Conditions:
1. The online application form constitutes merely an offer to enter into a contract with NARI Milwaukee for the use and occupancy of designated space at the NARI Milwaukee Home Show. The completion and tendering of this form and/or payment of all or any part of the applicable cost shall not create a contract binding upon NARI Milwaukee until the application has been formally accepted by NARI Milwaukee.
2. NARI Milwaukee expressly reserves the right to reject any application and return any payment accompanying such application for any reason which NARI Milwaukee may deem appropriate, or for no reason whatsoever. NARI Milwaukee shall have absolute and exclusive discretion to determine which applications shall be accepted and which applications shall he rejected, and any application may be rejected with or without cause.
3. Any application which is accepted by NARI Milwaukee shall, upon such acceptance, become a binding agreement between NARI Milwaukee and Exhibitor.
4. By tendering this application and upon this acceptance thereof by NARI Milwaukee, Exhibitor expressly agrees to be bound to the following:
a) All rules, regulations, and requirements described on this document, including the online application. b) All rules, regulations, and requirements set forth in any written materials pertaining to the NARI Milwaukee Home Shows which may be promulgated by NARI Milwaukee at any time hereafter. c) Any verbal instructions given by any authorized representative of NARI Milwaukee during the course of the NARI Milwaukee Home Shows. d) All rules, regulations, and requirements which govern the members of the NARI Milwaukee, Inc., including, but not limited to, the NARI Milwaukee By-laws and Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
5. Any Exhibitor who fails to comply with any of the terms of this agreement between NARI Milwaukee and Exhibitor, including rules, regulations, and requirements as described above in this document is in the sole discretion of NARI Milwaukee, subject to immediate ejection from the Show and shall be liable to NARI Milwaukee for all damages resulting therefrom, provided further, however, that nothing herein shall prevent NARI Milwaukee from seeking to specifically enforce the terms of the agreement, including such rules, regulations, and requirements, in lieu of, or in addition to, seeking money damages for any breach. In any event, Exhibitor shall be liable to NARI Milwaukee for any expenses incurred by NARI Milwaukee as a result of any breach of the agreement between NARI Milwaukee and Exhibitor, and such expenses shall include, without being limited to, all court costs and actual attorney fees. In addition, any Exhibitor who is ejected from the Show for failure to abide by the terms of this agreement shall be subject to disciplinary action by the NARI Milwaukee Board of Directors, up to and including revocation of Exhibitor's membership in NARI Milwaukee.
6. Irregular Advertising – Consistent with NARI’s purpose and governing documents, the exposition is limited to those persons, firms, corporations, and other entities that have contracted and paid for exhibit space in the exposition facility. No other persons, firms, corporations, or other entities will be permitted to demonstrate products, solicit orders, or distribute advertising matter on the floor of the Show or in the exposition facility unrelated to the persons, firms, corporations, and entities that have contracted and paid for the exhibit space. Any person violating this rule will be promptly ejected from the Wisconsin Expo Center and subject to disciplinary review, including but not limited to termination of membership and a ban on attendance at all future events.
This application form constitutes merely an offer to enter into a contract with NARI Milwaukee Inc. (NARI Milwaukee) for use of designated space at the Home & Remodeling Show. The completion and tendering of this form and/or the payment of all or any part of the application cost shall not create a contract until such time as the application has been formally accepted by Show management.
Show management expressly reserves the right to reject any application and return any payment accompanying such application for any reason or for no reason whatsoever. No refunds will be given.
Any application which is accepted by Show management shall upon acceptance become a binding agreement between NARI Milwaukee and the Exhibitor. Payment of Space - All monies paid shall be retained by the Show in the event Exhibitor fails to fulfill or violates contract or withdraws. No refunds will be given. Insufficient Funds – Credit cards that are unable to be processed, checks returned for insufficient funds or closed accounts shall be charged a $35 returned check charge. If debtor fails to act within 10 days, the returned check and returned check charge shall be turned over to legal counsel for collection and debtor shall he responsible for all court and attorney fees.
LIABILITY & INSURANCE
a) Each Exhibitor must make provision for the safe-guarding of their goods from the time they are placed in their booth until they are removed by the Exhibitor. Special security personnel will be employed for the Show, but NARI Milwaukee will not be responsible for, or guarantee to Exhibitor, the safety of exhibit material against fire, accident, theft, or any loss or injury whatsoever.
b) It is agreed that Exhibitor shall assume all liability for damage to NARI and the exposition facility caused by their exhibit and shall indemnify and hold harmless NARI Milwaukee from and against any liability that might ensue by reason of their exhibit or presence at the Show.
c) Each Exhibitor shall carry comprehensive general liability coverage including, but not limited to, premises, operations, and contractual liability of no less than one million/two million dollars aggregate insurance for each occurrence, together with statutory workers compensation insurance, hired and non-owned auto, and an umbrella with limits of no less than one million per occurrent Certificates of Insurance must name NARI Milwaukee as additional insured on a Primary Non Contributory basis. By your signature, you verify that you accept and adhere to liability and insurance section a, b, and c and upon request, you would be able to provide NARI Milwaukee with the aforementioned certificates of insurance.
Assignment And Use By Others - No Exhibitor may assign their agreement for exhibit space or permit any other person to use any part of such space. Force Majeure - In the event the Wisconsin Exposition Center at State Fair Park or any part of the exhibit areas thereof are unavailable whether for the entire event or a portion of the event as a result of fire, flood, tempest, or any other such cause or as a result of governmental intervention, malicious damage, acts of war, strike, lock-out, labor dispute, riot, or any other cause or agency over which the Show has no control, or should the Show decide that because of any such cause it is necessary to cancel, postpone, or re-site the Show, or reduce the installation time, Show time, or move-out time, the Show shall not be liable to indemnify or reimburse the Exhibitor in respect of any damage or loss, direct or indirect as a result thereof. Competitive Exhibits - In order to create a harmonious and attractive atmosphere for patrons of the Show, Exhibitors shall not distribute anywhere within the Show premises or display materials at their Exhibit that mentions by name any competitor who is also an Exhibitor at the Show. NARI Milwaukee shall have the right to enforce this rule by physically removing any materials or displays that violate this rule from the Show grounds. NARI Milwaukee shall have no liability to any Exhibitor or to any other party for any lost or damaged materials so removed. Photography - This contract is a revocable license to attend the designated event (the “Event”), granted to you by NARI Milwaukee Inc. (“NARI Milwaukee”). Such license may be revoked by NARI Milwaukee and admission refused for any reason. By accepting admission to the Event, you hereby acknowledge your permission to use your image and likeness in connection with photo or video taken at the Event, for marketing or other purposes. Amendments - Show Management shall have the full power in the interpretation and enforcement of all contract regulation contained herein and the power to make such amendments thereto, and such further rules and regulations as shall be considered necessary for the proper conduct of the event.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the NARI office at 414-771-4071.